EAC Contacting CTDB at the end of ripping then crashes

Dieses Thema im Forum "Exact Audio Copy - English" wurde erstellt von abel413, 10 Januar 2017.

1. abel413

abel413
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I configured EAC to process accurate rips (in FLAC). It is more or loss configured according to what is explained there in order to get .cue, .log, .jpg ect + accurate ripping : https://beathau5com.wordpress.com/2...d-setup-eac-to-make-flawless-rips-on-windows/.

Then (with Exact Audio Copy 1.0.6 or higher, whatever), I insert a brand new CD and rip it to flac. Everything goes well but at the very end, EAC tries to connect CTDB (see picture 1 below). But it fails and then EAC crashes and exit. The result is I don't get .log file at the end in folder where songs are ripped.

I noticed this doesn't happen if I don't rip whole cd (let's say I select track 1, 2, 3 and 17 and perform ripping. Then it apparently finish normally with .log file).

From what I read, EAC fails to check whether my CD is a *true* copy compared to information in database. Then what can I do ? Can I prevent EAC from doing check ? Can I help it do the right check and finish writting the log ?

I searched trough Options and I think it depends on CUETools DB Plugin (see picture 2 below) which I disabled. But I would like this check to be done without EAC crashing. I don't understand why it crashes : I need my .log ; It is not *my concern* whether it can compare my CD copy with database correctly or not...then how to force EAC not to crash ?

See also my System (Windows 10).

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 1/10/2017, 08:25:19
    Machine name: DESKTOP-7UO27K0
    Machine Id: {2CB998B8-3D4C-431D-BAE8-E6873F282373}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Famille 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161208-2252)
    Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 3650
    BIOS: 3.3.6
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8136MB RAM
    Page File: 3518MB used, 5896MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Not Available
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

picture 1

[​IMG]

picture 2

[​IMG]

#1 abel413, 10 Januar 2017
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 10 Januar 2017
  2. korth

korth
    Expand Collapse

The CUETools DB Plugin setting only enables/disables the metadata portion of the plugin. (edit: strike - refers to earlier versions of EAC & the plugin).
    To remove the CTDB Plugin, remove the 6 files that start with CUETools from the Exact Audio Copy installation folder while EAC isn't running.

Before you do that, search Windows for 'Turn Windows features on or off' and see if '.net framework 3.5' has a black mark in the box. It is required to run the plugin.

#2 korth, 10 Januar 2017
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 12 Januar 2017
  3. abel413

abel413
    Expand Collapse

Thanks but, actually, I don't want to remove anything ! I would EAC not to crash at the end of the rip. So I want the plugin to work. Or, more precisely that 'Contacting CTDB' (see picture 1) work.

4. korth

korth
    Expand Collapse

The plugin has a response when it cannot contact the server so the plugin isn't getting that far. Perhaps your Antivirus (Internet Security) or some other software is interfering. If you (and someone else having this issue) would provide more information about your system(s) it may help in finding the cause.

Only whole disc rips can be verified by the CTDB Plugin. The plugin does not try to contact the database after a partial rip.

#4 korth, 11 Januar 2017
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 11 Januar 2017
  5. abel413

abel413
    Expand Collapse

Then, could you tell which type of information I could provide (I provided my system information in initial post) could I add to help you ? I can perhaps turn my Antivirus off to start with.

6. korth

korth
    Expand Collapse

This problem only seems to happen to very few users so finding the cause may be difficult. This problem hasn't been duplicated. When I contacted the plugin developer, he suggested that if each user could provide more details about the software/hardware that they're using that might reveal a pattern.

Turning your Antivirus off, telling the forum what Antivirus software you're using and whether or not that helps is a start. Anything that might interfere with the internet request (any internet security software, do you use a proxy) or the ripping process (what antivirus software, any other software that monitors the destination directory such as music player, backup or cloud storage, if using an external or network drive and details).

7. abel413

abel413
    Expand Collapse

Well to start with :

- I have Windows 10 (see information in my first post)
    - McAfee is configured as my Antivirus
    - I don't use any proxy
    - I have two external drive connected to my computer.
    - I don't have backup nor cloud
    - When ripping I don't do anything else, except perhaps navigating trough Chrome

First off I disabled McAfee e.g. Antivirus & Antispyware turn off, Web & mail protection turn off. Then I started EAC and retried the ripping. Then the result is the same : Contacting CTDB starts at the end then EAC crashes. Is there a way to display a log or something to see what happens ?

Moreover, that CTDB plugin comes with EAC (v1.0 beta 6 in my case) ; I didn't install it nor configure anything.I just have CUETools DB Plugin V2.1.6 ticked in Audio Plugins as below ; if I untick then that CTDB phasis won't start. Then it is clear that depends on this plugin checked or not.

[​IMG]

#7 abel413, 12 Januar 2017
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 12 Januar 2017
  8. abel413

abel413
    Expand Collapse

I tried with another CD and this time it worked, I can see this at the end of the rip (see below). But I manually enter all information regarding that CD, then I don't know...

All tracks accurately ripped

No errors occurred

End of status report

---- CUETools DB Plugin V2.1.6

[CTDB TOCID: acQSUN1gVpk9W37idHgiKKPal8g-] found
    Submit result: acQSUN1gVpk9W37idHgiKKPal8g- has been confirmed
    Track | CTDB Status
    1 | (420/422) Accurately ripped
    2 | (420/422) Accurately ripped
    3 | (419/422) Accurately ripped
    4 | (420/422) Accurately ripped
    5 | (419/422) Accurately ripped
    6 | (420/422) Accurately ripped
    7 | (417/422) Accurately ripped
    8 | (417/422) Accurately ripped
    9 | (416/422) Accurately ripped
    10 | (417/422) Accurately ripped
    11 | (415/422) Accurately ripped
    12 | (418/422) Accurately ripped
    13 | (417/422) Accurately ripped
    14 | (412/422) Accurately ripped
    15 | (416/422) Accurately ripped
    16 | (414/422) Accurately ripped
    17 | (413/422) Accurately ripped
    18 | (412/422) Accurately ripped

==== Log checksum 161CA3CFF31A6945C3078B484ABFAE0893320DA766AA2F3953BFA5AB58796543 ====

9. wahnsinn

wahnsinn
    Expand Collapse

Same thing happened to me on my old Laptop recently (which is the device I use to rip discs).
    EAC 1.3, 02-SEP-2016
    (Machine specs: WXP Pro SP3 x86, Intel Celeron 530 (1.73GHz), 2 GB RAM; Drive: "HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-T40L KC07")

I'm reasonably sure this has nothing to do with the hardware/software, but with the disc itself.
    I say this because I'm in the process of ripping my entire library to FLAC, and so far, this problem has only occurred with one disc of a hundred or more.
    (Maybe it's important to note that this was a copy-protected disc - specifically this one: https://www.discogs.com/Herbert-Grönemeyer-Mensch/release/445431 )

What happens is, the testing / ripping / compression is executed as normal, but at the end, the CTDB plugin takes unusually long (compared to other discs), and goes through a large number of URLs, then finally gets to "db.cuetools.net/submit2.php", again taking a while longer than normal, before the entire program simply closes without any error messages or anything.

Result: ripped (.flac) files are there, but no .log is created.

I have tried this several times on several days, so I'm also pretty sure that it's not just a temporary hiccup in communicating with the DB, for example.

-------------------------

Yes, you can tell EAC not to check with the AccurateRip database:
    Drive options > Offset/Speed > "Use AccurateRip with this drive"

See if that helps. It needs to be said of course that this function is *quite* useful.

10. abel413

abel413
    Expand Collapse

Well thanks for your answer. I tried with several CD's and I didn't get the issue. Perhaps, the issue is related to a specific copy or something. It is also a brand new CD ; what strikes me is that it actually happenned with the first CD I wanted to rip on my new computer. I have not ripped anything in a while and I encounter the issue with the first CD I try, isn't that surprising ?

Well I will let AccurateRip check. In the case I have such a failure in a few cases, I will just live with it...actually I guess it has anything to do with the quality of tracks.

11. wahnsinn

wahnsinn
    Expand Collapse

update: I found a second disc (Paul Simon, Graceland) in my library that, when ripped to FLAC with EAC, causes the exact same type of crash (contacting CTDB, program closes, no .log). Since this disc is from the mid-80s and therefore has none of the copy-protection mechanisms I mentioned above, I'm now ruling out copy protection as a possible source of this problem.

Also, I have just now tried to re-rip with AccurateRip DISABLED - this does not fix the problem. (/I am actually no longer sure why I thought it would.)

PS: This is apparently not new: http://www.digital-inn.de/threads/crash-after-rip-and-failed-ctdb-connection.47211/

PPS: the next things I will try with this disc (as it is "relatively" quick to rip) are:
    - CTDB plugin enabled but no hash check for the .log file (I mean it does crash somewhere during log file creation, maybe this is it?) //edit: --> ruled out
    - CTDB plugin disabled entirely (as the thread started pointed out, this will probably work, but I mean .. it's not a fix is it) //edit: can confirm that the rip goes through and .log is created this way. So can confirm that problem exists in CTDB plugin

#11 wahnsinn, 20 Januar 2017
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 20 Januar 2017
  12. gchudov

gchudov
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, i'm looking into this.

Die Seite wird geladen...

Diese Seite empfehlen