Best cd reader for dae

Dieses Thema im Forum "Exact Audio Copy - English" wurde erstellt von Unregistered, 29 Mai 2002.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered
    Expand Collapse

Best cd reader for dae dosn't have to be a writer?

2. EAC Lover

EAC Lover
    Expand Collapse

I'm pleased with my Toshiba XM6702B, though it's not quite perfect and it has more
    trouble than other drives "seeing through" scratches. It has a small offset, so even
    though it doesn't read into lead in/out, there's not much (94 samples) to miss.

I tried and rejected a Teac 540E after it proved 20% faster and very able to "see
    through" scratches but occasionally got a few bits wrong and also had trouble with the
    end of the last track of some CDs. (But for $40 you could undoubtedly do worse.)

My Toshiba and my burner always agree with one another on what they've extracted,
    but the Teac results failed to agree completely in 4 tracks out of 12 on a lightly
    scratched CD I used for my test.

If I need to extract audio from a badly scratched CD I use my burner; the Toshiba
    won't lie, but it can/will get 'stuck' when it can't see what it's looking for...

3. Halcyon

Halcyon
    Expand Collapse
    Member Deluxe

4. Pio2001

Pio2001
    Expand Collapse
    Member Deluxe

I've just got a Sony, it maybe very good at extracting audio, but it's a total crap at reading DVDs !
    It seems the handling of the spinning speed causes a lot of problems : movie freezing when the DVD spins down (WinDVD), engine spinning up and down continuously playing audio digitally (Winamp + CD Reader DLL)...
    I tried Master/slave/primary/secondary/DMA/Synchronous/Deconnection/firmwares 1.3, 1.p5, 1.6, and 1.p6, with two units.

I've still to try ATI DVD player, ASPI 4.70 and Win2k.

5. JeanLuc

JeanLuc
    Expand Collapse
    Member Deluxe

Sony DDU1621

Yo PIO,

I bought the Sony DDU 1621 after Halcyon's recommendation ... I went into the store to buy and the folks there asked me if I'm crazy to buy the world's worst DVD drive ... I smiled and told them that this drive shows (at least) one distinctiveness ... it's ability to extract even the worst scratched Audio CD's ... it's performance on DVD/ISO 9660 CD is not worth to mention ... and for error-free CD's, my SCSI PX40TSi and SD-M1612 do great jobs ...

Greetings

JeanLuc

6. Pio2001

Pio2001
    Expand Collapse
    Member Deluxe

I managed to play 2 minutes of video as primary slave with the Hard disc as master (no way with anything else as master, nor in master alone), and enabling the hardware MPeg playback (1 minute only in soft).
    There's hope !

7. JeanLuc

JeanLuc
    Expand Collapse
    Member Deluxe

2 minutes ? - What a relief

there's hope ? ... not really

my toshi plays a whole DVD while my computer is encoding mp3z ... if I were you, I wouldn't accept this situation ... I use WinDVD and VaroDVD ... both work very well.

Greetz

JeanLuc

8. Halcyon

Halcyon
    Expand Collapse
    Member Deluxe

Sony DDU1621 is bad DVD-drive, because

... it doesn't do error correction for dvd-discs.

I'm sorry if I have mislead somebody. I thought I had stated this problem with this drive.

It works for dvd-roms for me, but I don't use it as a dvd film player myself, because it can jam if the disc has a read error on it.

It's audio performance however.... well you know about that.

I'm putting my hopes on the new Sanyo combo drive to be an improvement over the Sony in terms of video playback.

It seems that the quest for a working drive is endless...

regards,
    halcyon

Die Seite wird geladen...

Diese Seite empfehlen